Wine Tasting Etiquette
We hope you enjoy your visit to the amazing wineries on the Madera Wine Trail. To make your experience safe and enjoyable, we suggest the following recommendations.
● Stay hydrated...drink plenty of water throughout the day.
● Make sure to eat hearty meals for breakfast and lunch.
● Take your time when tasting each wine. If you do not want to finish the rest of a wine you were poured, buckets are provided for spitting or dumping. Do not feel that you need to sample every wine offered - taste what appeals to you.
● Choose a realistic number of wineries to visit in a day.
● Be safe and always have a designated driver. Take advantage of the many transportation services available near the Madera Wine Trail. *
● Reservations are recommended for groups of 10 or more. Groups should not exceed 16 guests.
● Over-imbibers will not be served, even if you’re not driving. The wineries have no choice – it’s the law.
● After your tasting experience, we encourage you to take home a few bottles of your favorite wines or join a wine club! Knowledgeable staff can help you make the right selections on wines.
● Stay overnight to make the most of your visit. There are many overnight providers to choose from in the area.
* All transportation companies planning a trip to any wineries on the Madera Wine Trail
are required to register with the Madera Vintners Association prior to their visit. Responsible Transportation Partner agreement forms can be downloaded from our website at
Visit: Contact: P.O. Box 25028
Fresno, CA 93729 – 800.613.8216